Breaking Glass

Breaking Glass

10.05.2010

The Beginning


I've been a Mia for the past eight years on and off. When I was in middle school my parents divorced, shattering my perfect little life. Food became my ever-comforting friend, turning my athletic body into something repulsive and disgusting. I fell into the habit of purging everything I ate when I was around 14 and ultimately gained a better, thinner version of my old self. Unfortunately that didn't last long. My little sister (she's a clone of Barbie, absolutely gorgeous) started asking me questions about Mia and it really scared me. So I quit. Flash forward to today...

I am fat, disgusting, a blob of filth. I need to change, to start living my life. I can't return to Mia, she was so good to me when I needed her, but her effects have started to show recently and I have to move on. This is my new journey with Mia's best friend Ana. I'm tired of living in this fat suit, I know the real me is trapped somewhere inside, dying to be set free.

As I look into the eyes of the girl staring back at me, I see pain, guilt, loneliness, hate, and longing. This girl longs to be set free. My hands ball into fists as tears stream down eyes once familiar. I look away too ashamed to face her, knowing there is nothing I can do to free her from her glass prison. Strength long buried deep inside starts to surface as my hands shake with fear and anger. I hear the shattering of glass before I know what is happening. Shards fall down around me, drops of crimson hit the floor. I look up into the face of a beautiful thin girl smiling back at me. I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment